Tonight, I'll be on the panel discussing how small and local businesses can use social media to their advantage. Here are my key points:
- Focus on quality instead of quantity. Be consistent. Be real.
- Make sure someone is assigned to the task with definitive plans.
- Focus on Google Places, Facebook, and YouTube
- Other secondary tools include Google Alerts, blogging, twitter, skweal.com and groupon
- Showcase customers – not just yourself
- Answer back customer praises and complaints
Finally, remember that the quickest way to overnight success is to work years on it.
Here are a few links that I've found that can also be of help to you:
Thanks to Steve Martini at Quality First Commercial (San Diego Commercial Real Estate) for the invite.